2022/2023 participants | 2021/2022 participants | 2020/2021 participants | 2019/2020 (pilot) participants
Are you a faculty member at a PALNI supported institution considering switching to a zero-cost textbook?
If so, PALNI invites you to participate in the PALSave Course Redesign Program. As the recent recipient of a five-year Lilly Endowment, Inc. grant to support our affordable learning initiative, PALSave will be offering $500 stipends to faculty as an incentive to adopt zero cost textbooks.
Applications now open for 2023/24 courses.
Zero cost textbooks may include open educational resources (OER), library ebooks, or other materials available to students at no additional cost.
If selected, PALNI will provide you:
- A module-based learning guide for adopting a zero cost textbook
- Support for the textbook adoption process through email consultation and/or web office hours
- A $500 stipend
In order to receive the stipend, participants will be expected to provide (by the start of the course):
- Review the Zero-Cost Textbook Adoption learning modules
- Verification of the change from commercial to zero cost textbook, via syllabus submission
- Agreement to follow up with mid- and/or post-semester information. Includes the following
- Student Perception Survey
- Student Success Tracker
- PALSave Course Tracker (number of students, previous textbook)
To apply, please fill out the application at this link, including a short personal statement addressing these questions: Why are you interested in adopting a zero-cost textbook? What are your barriers? What do you hope to learn by participating in this program?
Any questions may be directed to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org