Are you a faculty member at a PALNI supported institution considering switching to a zero-cost textbook?
If so, PALNI invites you to participate in the PALSave Course Redesign Program. As the recent recipient of a five-year Lilly Endowment, Inc. grant to support our affordable learning initiative, PALSave will be offering $500 stipends to faculty as an incentive to adopt zero cost textbooks.
Zero cost textbooks may include open educational resources (OER), library ebooks, or other materials available to students at no additional cost.
If selected, PALNI will provide you:
- A module-based learning guide for adopting a zero cost textbook
- Support for the textbook adoption process through email consultation and/or web office hours
- A $500 stipend
In order to receive the stipend, participants will be expected to provide (by the start of the course):
- Review the Zero-Cost Textbook Adoption learning modules
- Verification of the change from commercial to zero cost textbook, via syllabus submission
- Agreement to follow up with mid- and/or post-semester information. Includes the following
- Student Perception Survey
- Student Success Tracker
- PALSave Course Tracker (number of students, previous textbook)
To apply, please fill out the application at this link, including a short personal statement addressing these questions: Why are you interested in adopting a zero-cost textbook? What are your barriers? What do you hope to learn by participating in this program?