With support from Lilly Endowment, Inc., the PALSave Textbook Creation Grants Program is funding the creation of five open textbooks.
We invite faculty members from PALNI-supported institutions to submit textbook creation proposals for courses they teach. Textbooks may cover any discipline at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. We seek proposals for complete textbooks geared toward a specific field of study, which meet the inclusion criteria for the Open Textbook Library.
Grant funding of up to $6,500 is available per accepted proposal, with an individual author maximum of $5,000. While joint authorship proposals are welcome, the lead author must be a faculty member employed at a PALNI-supported institution. PALNI will coordinate peer review, copyediting, layout, and hosting services.
- CV or Resume of Lead Author
- Completed PALSave Textbook Creation Grant Application (Make a copy of this document to complete the application. Completed applications should not exceed 10 pages.)
- October 1, 2020: Call for proposals open
- January 15, 2021: Deadline for all proposals
- March 1, 2021: Grantees notified
- March 2021 [exact date TBD]: Kickoff workshop/webinar
- Fall 2023: Projected textbook completion